Monday, October 20, 2008

Beginnings



So Jon and I have decided to join the blogging world to keep everyone updated on what we are up to. As of today, Jon and I have been married for exactly one year and one month. How time flies when you are having fun! Our first year was definitely a fun and exciting journey! Before getting married, Jon and I had officially dated for six and a half years. Three of those years we had been engaged. It was definitely a long courtship, but it was the best option for us at the time. Much of our relationship was spent with a distance between the two of us. First with me up in Fort Collins at Colorado State, while Jon was in Littleton. Then with me living in Omaha, Nebraska while Jon was in Littleton, Colorado. It definitely was not an ideal situation, but after much discussion, we decided that it would work out for the best. Especially since I was planning on returning to Denver once I graduated. With that said, after having a long distance relationship, it took some adjusting to not only being together in the same town, but living together and being married! During our first married year together, we traveled (3 big trips within the first 4 months we were married), moved twice, and learned what being married is all about. Looking back now, I wouldn't say our first year was necessarily difficult, we just did a lot of growing together which is good. That said, I love being married to Jon and wouldn't change any part of our courtship or first married year together (except for the working opposite hours thing!). I love you baby, and here is to many many more wonderful years together!!!

3 comments:

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

Sweet, I'm the first one to post on your blog...does this mean that I'm off the hook if I forget to call you in the future. After all, we can now just read each others blogs:)

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

Adam's silly...you can't let him off the hook just because he posts first! He can't have it that easy. :) I'm so glad we got to visit with you for a little while and hopefully it won't be so long before the next visit! I'm really excited that you started a blog--welcome to this fun and exciting world!

Anna said...

You guys are so cute...we love ya. Awesome background!!!